Monday, July 18, 2011

Yard Before and After

Before


After

Before we left on vacation we decided to put the deck wood on craigslist and see if we could get any takers. Well, we were not prepared for the calls that came. Within minutes of posting we had our first call. That night we answered about 8 calls back to back, we eventually quit answering the phone after that. We had about 12 messages. And I think it was a week later we had the deck all gone and removed. Don't get us wrong, the pool would have been fabulous to have but there were just too many negatives for us. To replace the liner alone it would cost $1000; then add in the expense of chemicals, electricity, water and it wouldn't be worth it. Although it is fenced, it didn't keep our boys out, and we didn't want to risk their lives for it because it's above my head when I was in there. So, with that we removed it from our yard and bought some railroad ties and kept it a sandbox for them. I like having it gone cause I can actually see out to my entire back yard.

2 comments:

Tom/Tabitha said...

Wow, that's a huge change! And what a lot of room to play :)

Marisa said...

nice! that makes your backyard look MUCH bigger too!

Blog Archive