Monday, January 17, 2011

Kansas City Temple

 This is what our temple looks like as of Monday, January 17, 2011. This was part of our family home evening. We drove to the temple to get some pictures. Unfortunately Cotlon had fallen asleep and it was drizzling so we didn't want to get Audrey out. But we'll return for some more pictures as it continues to progress. It's ahead of schedule at this point and we're looking at spring of next year for it to be done. Everyone is getting so excited. I'm getting super excited as I see it's progress, I can't wait to go in and do some sessions. Even the boys remarked tonight that they're excited to see inside it. This temple is seriously only 10 minutes from our home. It's so close! It's going to be great to have one so close to us. It's going to be such a blessing to all the saints out here! Hope you enjoy the pictures of our temple!

I absolutely love this saying; just seeing it today brought such peace to my heart.

7 comments:

Dayna said...

What a blessing to have a temple so close! I think we take that for granted when you live in Utah and have a temple within 20 min. any direction you go.

Dayna said...

Oh, and it looks like you're not used to writing 2011 yet. :)

Jen said...

Thanks Dayna. I'm not used to writing it yet. I've fixed it now. Thanks

Sheridy said...

I'm excited for you too! I wish we were still there, I think we might come and see it when it is finished. I know the kids would love to, if not just to come and see their friends. So keep the pictures coming.

Marisa said...

Wow They're really working hard on that temple. Its amazing how fast it's gone up. We sure do mis KC and will probably come visit the old ward after the temple is finished. Thanks for posting the updated pictures!

Jen said...

Sheridy, you really need to let the kids come and see their friends. In fact this Sunday I had to take Cosette out to the hall and comfort her because she was crying that she missed Stephen so much. I'm sure she'd love a call from him.
Marisa it is coming along way fast. You'd be amazed at all the different people in our ward. Oh, do you have a different blog you post to?

Marisa said...

yeah I just made a new blog a little while ago. Mike changed the passowrd for our other one while he was overseas. So I just made a new one.

keeplifehappening.blogger.com

Blog Archive