Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day

 
 So we finally got hit with a big winter storm. Starting on Monday it snowed and snowed all day long; about 6 inches of snow covered the ground. Of course school was canceled on Monday, then because of snow plows not being able to reach all residential area's it was canceled on Tuesday. Then on Tuesday night we had some arctic air come in presenting issues with ice on the roads and frigid temperature for the children hence Wednesday's classes were canceled too. For 3 days in a row they have had snow days. So Tuesday before the low temperatures hit they wanted to play in the snow. Then they decided to help daddy shovel the driveway. All 3 had a shovel and did their best to help clear the snow. They didn't get far, it's hard work to shovel snow but they really did try and wanted to help their dad. And of course it took longer to get them dressed and undressed than it did for them to play in it. Once they were inside they were warmed up with some yummy Stephen's hot chocolate with whip cream. Although school has been out for 3 days we are surviving each other due to some strict scheduling in their behalf.




Nate loves this ski mask. He wears it to school each morning.


Josh is headed to the garage to get his shovel
Josh uses his muscles to pick up the snow he's shoveled.
Nate really is trying his best to get it cleared off

Colton cannot be left out so he's coming for his shovel.





Colton's little shovel

Taking a break from shoveling.




I just had to get one of Audrey through the patio door. This is what a sweet baby girl was doing while I was out taking pictures of the boys in the snow. CRYING!!!

2 comments:

Dayna said...

Burr...that looks cold! I'm sure the boys loved it!

Goodness, won't we miss the days when our kids WANT to help with things, like shovel the snow or unload the dishwasher!?

Tom/Tabitha said...

:)

aww at baby girl. I have one of Emilie doing the same thing when she was that age, crying at Michael and Benjamin playing in the snow (I think in Kentucky!)

What great helpers! (I have pics of Michael and Benjamin shoveling... w/o dad :)

That reminds me, I need to post pictures of our snow fun :)

Blog Archive