Okay, so here's my baby getting off the bus from his first day of summer kindergarten, sniff, sniff. The schools out here offer a program for the new kindergartners to come to school, learn how to get around the school without all the other kids and get to know how everything works and learn at the same time. So, today was the first day and it goes all month, he goes from 9-2. This fall he'll go to school from 9-4, crazy huh! I signed him up to ride the bus so he isn't scared in the fall. But this morning I drove him to school because they were allowing the parents to come in and have a little overview of how things work and I wanted, correct that, needed to know how things will work. Well, as soon as we enter the cafeteria where everyone is waiting, the tears start coming. They were just automatic, it made me so sad to realize that my baby Nate is going to school and growing up. I had to fight the tears, and struggled through the whole half hour I was there. I think he is so ready to start school but it just made me sad to know he won't always be home with me. And it was really hard to think about someone else spending the whole day with him, actually it made me nervous because they won't be able to give him the attention that his own mom would. That is the hardest thing to swallow, just hoping that he is treated good and has a good experience while in school and does well. But at the end of the day, he said he had a good day, he liked his lunch, and of course he was so happy cause he got ice cream. I never got ice cream in school so how could it not be a good day!
12 years ago

2 comments:
Oh my gosh! He is so dang cute! I love his hair and glasses! He looks like he was pretty anxious t get off that bus! :) I hope it gets a little easier for you, mom! ;)
S
I feel your pain. I had a hard time sending Zach off too, but he loves school so much. I think that is making it a little easier for me. They just look so small on that big bus.
Post a Comment