I know, another post about Josh and his birthday and it's a lot of pictures. This was from Friday, Josh's actual birthday. It was just me and the 3 boys celebrating his birthday. I think he had a lot of fun. Nate and I would sing to him all day and he would just get so smiley. He loved all his presents but I think he's really enjoyed his very own back pack. We ran some errands that day and he wore it with us to the store. He and Nate really enjoyed his jumper, they had fun with it that day but now it's been to cold to use it. That night when it came time to light the candles and have some cake, I could not find any lighter or matches. I seriously searched my house everywhere for an hour and found nothing. So, I ran to my neighbors and borrowed a lighter from her, then when I returned it she handed me a cheap one to keep cause she figured I should have one in my home just to be safe. But it was really nice of her, I'm just glad that Josh had candles to blow out cause that just wouldn't have been a birthday with out making a wish. All in all, I think we let him know it was his special day cause he was smiles all day long.
These are the pics of Josh's cake that I made him. Although it's suppose to be a car, I think it looked a little more like a van but it still turned out pretty fun. Josh loved it! The tools that Ronda gave me really made all the difference. I know it's not perfect but for me it was pretty good, I just need lots more practice. But this cake is pretty easy to make. I spent about 2 hours on it the night before and the boys were right there with me the entire time watching it come together. Josh really loved his cake even though now he says that Mommy ate all his cake. (oops, I really did it was so yummy and moist, I just couldn't stop myself.) But here's another look at the cake.

3 comments:
Jen you are the bestest mommy ever! You made Josh's birthday a very special event!
I love the big ball pit or what ever it was. it is amazing how fast the kids grow up isn't it.
I am totally impressed with that cake!! Way to go.
Happy Belated Birthday to Josh. :)
Post a Comment