- I am so grateful for friends. Good friends who have kept me sane while I've been flying single. I have been so blessed to be surrounded by such great people who willingly have given of their time and services (especially jump starting a van). I'm not going to name names because there are just too many but thank your for awesome friendships.
- I was listening to my ipod the other day and the country song "Let them be little" came on (I don't remember the singer) and I had tears in my eyes. I have been fighting alot with one of my sons and it really made me stop and think; kids are little for such a short time and they grow so fast. The years just seem to fly by, it seems like yesterday that I just had my first and that was 5 1/2 years ago and now I have 3. But it helped me realize that I need to focus on the bigger picture of things, not the poopy underwear and the constant messes, but the bigger more pertinent issues like them gaining a testimony of our Savior and our Father in Heaven. So, I am grateful that I've been given the opportunity to be a mother, their mother. And I'm grateful that I can be a stay-at-home-mom and really see them "be little".
- I am grateful for prayer. I have turned to prayer so many times in my life and continue to do so because I know He can hear me. It doesn't matter what I pray for or when I pray, I know He is listening and nows my heart. When I'm scared or lonely or in need I know He is there waiting to comfort me. And I know that He does comfort us, He has comforted me many, many times. I am so grateful our Father in Heaven has given us the gift of prayer and since He can't be here to put His arm around us, He does however, wrap us up in His spirit of love and concern. So, I'm forever indebted to Him!
12 years ago

1 comment:
What a great post! It is always great to take a step back and appreciate your children each day, because it does go by so fast! I Love that song, I have it on my blog! I think Billy Dean sings it!
Post a Comment