Thursday, December 11, 2008

Santa's lap



Tonight we went to Nate's school for a puppet show of the Gingerbread Boy and afterwards Santa showed up. I didn't know if they would sit on his lap but the older two did just fine but as you can see Colton did not like it, he had a strong hold on my shirt and wouldn't let go, as I was trying to set him down. As I was waiting in line, I kept asking if this was worth it because I didn't even know if they would sit down on his lap. On top of me trying to hold Colton, and keep track of Josh and Nate because Danny was on splits with the missionaries. And just prior to seeing Santa, Nate gave me a real scare. After the puppet show ended, everyone just got up at once, grabbed refreshments and headed out the door. Well, he was up front on the floor with Josh and he just headed off. So, his teacher Mrs Debbie, helped grab Josh and brought him to me. So, I went to get Nate on the other side of the gym, however he was no where to be seen. So, I told Mrs Debbie that I couldn't find him and she looked in the gym and Josh, Colton and I headed out to find him. They had santa sitting by the front doors so we filed through the massive crowds and found him like 5 kids from the front of the line. I was so dang scared. There were so many people that it would have been easy for someone to grab him. And he would go because he's to darn friendly and sociable. I seriously need a leash for that kid. Anyways, I made him get out of line, go back to the gym, get our cookies and coats then go get back in line. With all that, we ended up being dead last in line to see santa. It was a long line too so, I was super relieved when they sat on his lap. I was going to be so frustrated if they didn't sit on his lap after all that craziness. So, here are the pictures from the night. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love your Santa pictures! Especially Colton. lol. Too funny.

How scary. Just the thought of losing sight of my kids freaks me out. Eesh.

Blog Archive