So, I decided we would make some sugar cookies today and deliver them to our neighbors for Christmas. We have been here for 6 months and really haven't met our neighbors to much. I was going to give them the dvd "Mr Kroeger's Christmas" with the cookies but I decided to hold off this year. I just want to get to know them first. And I guess I also had an ulterior motive for giving them treats, I am hoping it's a way to get to know them and then I can feel safer when Danny is gone next year by knowing my neighbors as well as they can keep an eye on my home when I go to Utah in March. We only got 2 of the 3 neighbors tonight, we will try the other one tomorrow. But I think we kind of took everyone off guard by delivering a gift. But it felt good to do something neighborly. Our neighbor to the left, Amy, happened to come back over like 15 minutes after we got home and brought us a DVD of a Charley Brown Christmas movie for the boys to borrow. So, we got talking and I learned that her daughter was in the Peer Model program last year, at the same school Nate goes to, with the same teacher, Mrs Debbie. And she asked what church we go to and I told her we were Mormon. She asked if we went to the church in Platte Woods, because I guess she used to go with friends all the time to that one. I don't know if she talked with missionaries or not, I think she kind of insinuated that but I want her to feel like we can be friends first and for now just know that we are members of the church. I did invite her and her kids to join us for primary whenever they wanted, that they are always welcome to come with us. So, for now, that's where it stands. But it's such a weird world we live in. But I think the boys also had fun delivering cookies in the frigid cold, single digit, below zero weather.
12 years ago

2 comments:
So cute Jen! the boys looked like they had a great time and it sounds like you might be able to have some good friends for your neighbors!That is always a good thing!!
Wow! Nate is getting so big! His baby fat is gone! He looks like a young man now. It looks like you had tons of fun!
Post a Comment