Sunday, December 21, 2008

Alone time

So, today, after church I really needed a nap. I got Colton to sleep and then told Nate and Josh to get in their beds for quiet time. Nate went to his bed, all be it, relunctantly, Danny read a book to Josh to help him settle down. Then Danny joined me in our room for a much needed nap. It wasn't a long one, Colton woke up after only 30 minutes, and so we were up at that point. I don't know if Josh ever went to sleep or not but I heard him coughing non stop in bed so we had him get up and get a drink. Nate did take a nap, and it was a good one at least one that I would have liked to have. When we finally awoke, I promised to make a goodie with him and he chose fudge. So that's what we proceeded to do. He was cranky and irritable with Josh the whole time. And when it was done he went down stairs and told Josh not to come down and told me he needed some "alone time." I just had to laugh at that, because I totally agreed that he needed some. Isn't it ironic that kids just don't get that mom's need some alone time now and again too. But, anyways, while respected his needs we couldn't allow him to go the "toy room" for his alone time and not allow Josh to play. So we told him that he would get some toys and go to his room or our room. And to our room he went with toys and the request for a movie. And of course he reminded me not to let Josh come in. We granted him his wish and after the movie he came out and was much better. He may be only 5 but sometimes he acts much older. It's times like these that I realize that they have big spirits wrapped up in little tiny bodies and they deserve more respect than we give them.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That's so funny. You have such cute kids.

Blog Archive