 |
| A very happy girl with her birthday girl |
My baby girl just turned 5 years old. She is growing up so fast. She's not a baby at all. We were fortunate enough to celebrate her birthday in Utah with her. She was so excited to have everyone over there with her. She chose a jungle type cake. It was super duper easy. She was so thrilled with it. She loves animals so it was very fitting. She loves to pretend that she is an animal. Her favorite thing about coming to Utah is playing with the chickens, cat and dog.
 |
| A very typical face for this girl |
 |
| A little bit of decorating for her birthday |
Her dinner of chose was homemade pizza. I'm not really sure that she ate much of it because she was having so much fun with cousins. It kind of surprised me that she chose that for her meal. I thought it would be something with bbq beans. And she also chose cotton candy ice cream. It so tasted just like it too. I thought it was nasty but the kids at it all gone.
 |
| A sober little girl. Not sure why she isn't smiling. |
Audrey is loving school. She is slowly learning what she needs to. She'd much rather play and be a girl than sit down and work on letters and numbers. And ya know what? I'm ok with that. She only gets one chance to be a kid. There are years and years ahead of her to learn. She will eventually get the alphabet down, she will learn to read one day. But for now, she wants to play with dolls and make believe with friends and that's exactly what she should be doing at this age. I feel that their is too much pressure on kids now days.
 |
| All the family helping celebrate her birthday |
Audrey is definitely the baby of the family. She gets away with more than she should. It's kind of ridiculous, I know. I try and get after her more but she just puts the charm on. She is mommy's little buddy. She loves to be with mom. She has spent many hours playing and entertaining herself while I've spent countless hours doing other peoples hair. She is so used to me doing someones hair. Maybe that's why she doesn't like having her own hair combed out. She loves sleeping next to mommy. And, for the most part, I don't actually mind snuggling with her at night. Maybe in Alaska we can break that habit because in the apartment we are sharing a bed right now.
 |
| Family enjoying some cake and ice cream. |
I love that Audrey likes to be girly. She really does love wearing dresses a lot. She loves all thing princesses and dolls. However, she can get down and dirty outside when she wants to. I love that every single morning her hair has a bad case of bed head. She would not be Audrey if she didn't have the crazy, frizzy curly hair. I love that she isn't afraid to be herself. She is a very unique girl. We are so glad that we have little Miss Audrey in our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment