Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Utah trip part 3

 One of the last things we did on our trip was take a uta trax ride to Salt Lake. It was a fun experience. However, we should have looked better at time departures. We got to the parking lot just as a trax was leaving and had to wait 30 minutes before another one made it to our stop. But it was a quick ride into Salt Lake. We really had no clue what we were doing and got off and had to walk at least 1/2 mile to a mile to get to the Conference Center. We wanted to take the kids to see all the church sites in downtown area. The kids were pretty big troopers in all of the walking that we had to do. However, by the end of the day Audrey had one heck of a diva tantrum. It was the biggest tantrum I'd ever seen. But the boys did rather well. It was a long day and a late night by the time we returned we had dinner, and all wanted to head straight to bed.

Sorry Grandma about this closed eye shot but it's all I got of the 4 of you on the trax.

Colton enjoying himself on the train. 

Colton did manage to get a shot of me to prove I was there. 

A blurry photo of us all at the conference center. The best this guide could do. 
We got a good shot of the SLC temple

Momma and her 4 cubs

Nate took this photo. I thought he did a great job. 
Nate was the only kid that would let me get their picture in front of the temple



Ogden Temple Open House
We had the opportunity to see the Ogden temple prior to us leaving. Jason and Tilisa were able to score us some tickets so we could all go together. I like that my kids were able to attend a 2nd temple open house. However, it was slightly different than the Kansas City Temple open house. I was expecting tour guides to stop and talk at different points but they didn't. We just kept walking thru the temple the entire time. But they had to do it that way since there are sooooooooo many more people that were going to go thru it. I was amazed at how big it was. There were so many endowments rooms and sealing rooms. I felt like I could get lost in there. It was a really pretty temple. But the I'll still miss the good old Ogden temple. They had such nice workers there, I hope it remains that way still. 

Ogden Temple

Waiting for Uncle Jason to join us from work

Kids enjoying the fountain after the tour. 




I love how the girls look like their about to fall in. 

And the boys are a little more stable than the girls. 
A good looking boy in front of the temple.

A selfie of myself

No comments:

Blog Archive