Monday, June 2, 2014

Colton is 6

 Our little buddy just turned six!  He just finished up kindergarten. He learned so much and came a really long way. He really did make great progress, we are really proud of him. He is doing summer school to help supplement his reading. He is reading basic beginner books and I"m so proud of him. He loves the Dick and Jane books right now. He's gained a lot of confidence reading those. His talking has progressed and improved over the year. We all can understand most of everything he says.  He is really good at math-it comes really easy to him. I'm so proud of all the hard work he did this year. He's also growing taller and that has lead to him thinning out. He has thinned out significantly because I am constantly having to tighten up his jeans. It's kind of funny cause he's constantly pulling pants up.

He's excited to get his very own letherman.

He just can't help himself in cleaning his own wrapping paper. Our rule is that everyone else but the bday kid picks up the trash but Colton doesn't like chaos.

Checking out his new set of neo tracks. He enjoyed playing with those.
Him and his cake. He's always making silly faces-all the time. Not my best cake but it tasted really good.
Yes, the candle is a #3 but I also added another 3 individual candles to make it add up to 6. At the time I couldn't locate my new package of candles but of course I found them a week later.


We had a birthday party with friends a week before his birthday. He had never had a party and I at promised him one. I had initially wanted to do a bunch of water type of games but our weather did not cooperate.It was mid May and the weather was rainy and cool not very typical.  We had pizza and bread sticks when everyone arrived. And afterwards we had a few activities.

They made tinfoil swords. They used lots of tinfoil but had a blast with their swords. It was a fun and inexpensive activity. 

 Then I sent them outside with their swords to rescue some army solders that were buried in the sand. However, it wasn't that easy to find them. I had sprinkled them on the sand and had Audrey and Colton cover them with sand but.....that's not what they did. They buried them rather good and deep. It was kind of funny next time I suppose I should stay and observe what they do.

 Our last activity was doing some building with marshmallows and toothpicks. They were able to create and make whatever they wanted to. It was an ok activity but maybe not the best for this age group. They ate more marshmallows than build with them.

And of course we opened presents and had some ice cream cones. They all had a pretty good time. Colton had a really fun time. I was so relieved it was over, cause it's not my favorite thing to host parties. I'd rather not to birthday parties but I do them for my children's sake.

Colton is such a good little boy. He does what he's asked to without complaining, well, about 95% of the time. He is such a big help around the house. He does enjoy order and cleanliness. He likes to play jokes and be silly with everyone. He is my momma's boy. He loves to sit on me and hold my hand and rub my thumb nail. We can't imagine not having this little guy. We love him so much. Not really sure what we did to get such an obedient little guy but we'll keep him.

No comments:

Blog Archive