Sunday, January 12, 2014

2014 New Years


 New Year's eve was another relaxing holiday for us. We began by being lazy and getting KFC take out. Their mac n cheese is one of the kids' favorite dishes. We allowed them to eat in the family room while we watched movies. We got a lot of movies for Christmas and then I bought a bunch just for New Years Eve. I think I totaled  that we got like 16 movies for the holidays.

So, after dinner I got my foot soaker out and gave myself a pedicure. Well, Audrey and Colton were mesmerized by it.  After I was done I dumped out the dirty water and refilled it with warm, clean water. Then allowed them each to soak their feet in it. They each had to have a turn. And not just one turn, several turns. The water turned cold before they wanted to be done.

Then we had milk shakes. They were delicious. I had bought a few different candies to add into the ice cream and they turned out so well. I love my ninja blender. The shakes were also serving as a double reward. We had committed to reading the Book of Mormon for the year of 2013. We read it from cover to cover so our reward was milkshakes. We read almost every night. We did miss on occasion. And then we would read extra the next time to make sure we were on schedule. And it was worth all the hard work. There were nights when I'm sure nothing got thru to them because they were goofing around too much or being cranky or even falling asleep. But we persevered and did it. This year we are reading the Doctrine and Covenant as a family now. Wish us luck!


 We all made it to midnight. Nothing to fancy when it rang midnight. We wished everyone a Happy New Year then we went to bed. Kids were allowed to sleep in the family room that night. And mom and dad  went to bed. We had a good time together. Hope you all did too!


 The rest of the night was spent like this watching movies:
Colton loves to cuddle with his mom whenever he can get it when Audrey isn't already there.

Audrey was Nate's little buddy tonight.

Mr. Josh loves to wrap up in his snowman blanket and this is how you can find him almost every single morning or night.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow, I haven't read blogs in so long. Who are these kids??? I don't even recognize them anymore. lol. You guys look so great.

Blog Archive