Sunday, September 29, 2013

2013 School Year

I am finally getting around to posting pictures of the kids starting school the 2013-2014 school year. Summer went by way too fast for me. We had a good summer and I wasn't really ready to have it begin again. Mostly cause it means I have to get up in the morning and I hate mornings. I'm a night owl so mornings come way to fast. Anyways it has been a good year so far. These first few pictures are in front of their school on meet the teacher night. I refuse to go and get pictures on the actual first day of school because there are just too many people there and I don't really like big crowds either. And doing it this way gives me all the time I'd like to get a shot of them.
 
Here's my Nate ready to begin a new year and discover who his teacher is and if any of his friends are in his class. He is in the 4th grade and has Mrs. Bearden  and seems to be a good teacher for him.
Oh my little Josh is growing up. He was pretty ready to begin school again. He is now in 2nd grade with Mrs. Lynn as his teacher. It appeared that a lot of his peers had grown over the summer but our little Joshy seems to be the runt of the liter. Oh well, like the saying goes: He may be little but he is fierce!!!!
My baby boy! My baby boy Colton has grown enough to enter the world of school. He was so ready and excited to go to school this year. He is in Kindergarten and got Mrs. York who Josh also had for kindergarten. So, I know she is really good and I really liked her. But I have to admit I hated the idea of him going to school because it's all day long and I still wanted more time with my  little sweet boy.
All my guys in front of their school.


Mr. 4th grader ready for his 1st day of school.
Mr. 2nd grader anxious to be on his way.

Mr. Kindergartner excited to ride the bus to school.

The brothers waiting for the bus. I can't believe that all 3 of my guys are in school all day long.

And off the go to get on the bus. Colton was nervous about finding his classroom. And fortunately Nate's class room was in the basement near Colton's so it worked out that Nate took Colton to his classroom for about 2 weeks. It was great that it worked out like that.

And of course we couldn't leave out Audrey. She was waiting for her brothers to get off the bus. She demands a hug from each of them before they go to school still does. I think it's been an adjustment for her to be the only one home but I don't really think she minds too much.

And this is why I say that I don't think she minds being the only one at home. She is such a mommy's girl. She tends to get a little spoiled with just her and I. So, I took this of us because I was so bored waiting for the kids to get home from their first day of school. They got out at 4:10 and it was after 5 before the bus finally arrived. Thankfully the bus routine has gotten better and they now get home around 4:30. It's just such a long day for them. They leave the house at 8:35am and get home at 4:30. Because of the long hours they tend to get away with very few chores. Lucky them!!!

1 comment:

The Reynolds said...

Great pic of you and Audrey. I can't believe your kids are so big already. I remember going with you to drop off Nate at preschool. Where did all those years go so quickly? I hope they're loving school and that Audrey is having fun being spoiled.

Blog Archive