 |
| Playing in the sand on his birthday |
 |
| Getting ready for his special dinner. He chose something "healthy" according to him. He chose green beans, mac and cheese, apples, bananas and strawberries. He did a good job on the healthy choices. We added some hamburgers to the menu for the rest of us. |
 |
| Very excited Josh to get a light saber |
 |
| Wahoo, a TMNT lamp from grandpa and grandma |
 |
| One of the top gifts he wanted was a treasure box. |
 |
| Upon opening his treasure box he was shocked to find it full of more wrapped presents. |
 |
| This was the cake that Josh chose the night before his birthday. Originally we had planned on doing a camouflage airplane but he changed at the last minute. It took me all day doing the little things for this cake but it was a fun one to make. All along the sides of the cake I added some skulls and crossbones. |
 |
| I think I have a happy Josh on my hands. |
Oh, what can I say about Josh? He is a character! To sum him up, he is the spawn of his father. They are so much alike it's not funny! He is a very unique boy. He is extremely picky when it comes to food. He refuses to eat cut off corn but yet he will eat corn on the cob. I cannot get him to eat much fruit at all so when he chose fruit for dinner, I quickly agreed to that. I made the hash brown funeral potato's and her refused to tough those. He loves meats, nuts and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Side story, he is so picky that he is not getting a good variety of food so I came to him with 2 choices. Choice 1: eat a variety of food to be healthy and stop whining about it or choice 2: he could have pbj's for breakfast, lunch or dinner for a month solid oh and only milk or water to drink. (Ya, ya not a great solution in trying to create better healthy eating habits but I did it anyways.) Well, initially he of course chose pbj's but then decided he'd eat healthy and stop whining.
Josh has really been into listening to music lately on my ipod. So, he did get an ipod shuffle for his bday. He can put them on and do his chores-maybe that'll help motivate him. Before changing rooms around he could care less about a clean room, but now he is trying to keep it up. If we come down to his room at bedtime & it's messy, he'll tell us that he'll pick it up tomorrow.
He is a stubborn one that boy! He refuses to wear a jacket in the morning anymore. His rational is that it's only cold at night now. So apparently if the sun is up it couldn't possibly be cold, right! We have had a few battles lately on the jacket issue-mom says wear a jacket when the temperature says mid 30's and he says no. He must run hot cause he also doesn't like to wear clothes either. As soon as he gets home from school you can bet he'll strip down naked. Nor does he ever wear pajama's even in the dead of winter. He likes to be naked. So much so, that he gets in the hot tub in just underwear too! He likes to be naked!
Right now, I can't really say he's into anything super big time. But some of his interests are Pokemon cards, Lego's, the Lego mini figure men, books, collecting and hoarding his things, his little laptop. He says his favorite food is mac and cheese, mom would have said pb&j's. His favorite color is green. He wants to be a police officer when he grows up. If he had a million dollars he would buy his own hot tub. His favorite candy is Hershey's chocolate. His favorite book is Junie B Jones. And his favorite thing to do with his family is get in the hot tub. I see a theme there for him: hot tub=NAKED!!!!
Like I said our little Joshy is a very unique and funny boy! He comes in such a small package but he really has some power in that little body and mind! Can't even believe that he just turned 7!!!! He will soon be finished with 1st grade and onto 2nd grade! Sheesh! That's so surreal to me! It really has gone fast! But he love our little Joshy!
And this is the cake I made for my final cake. I think we are caked-out cause I had to throw some of it away before I began making Josh's cake. We just can't eat any more cake right now. The cake classes were fun but it'll be nice to take a break from cake and have Saturday's free again.
1 comment:
That cake turned out awesome. Gideon says he wants one like that for his birthday. Maybe I should get started on it now. :)
It looks like Josh had a wonderful birthday and, like you, I can't believe he's 7 already. How are you kids getting so big so fast?
Post a Comment