Sunday, February 12, 2012

Monday Memories

So first off, this Monday memory doesn't include Colton and Audrey. This was before they were with us. But I have to include a picture of them on here, I just couldn't leave them out. These are 2 random pictures that I took of them with my new camera.
Look at those big beautiful blue eyes. He has the biggest blue eyes I've ever seen! I just love this momma's boy! (Ignore the cookie dough lips)

This is my precious little "momma." She loves her baby dolls. She's giving this one some kisses. She's been so sweet to have in our family.



My Monday memory is our wave running days. We spent hours and hours every week at the lake wave running. We'd go for a few hours in the evening during the week and spend the majority of the day on Saturdays at Willard Bay. Honestly, I don't know how we afforded it since we had just gotten out of the Marine Corps and didn't have a full time job. It was a rather crazy time for us. But I loved those carefree times spent on the water. I loved gliding over the water and seeing what I could get the wave runner up to. It was exhilarating just feeling the wind in my hair. We spent so much time there that even Nate grew to love being on the wave runners and he was only like 3 and 4, I think. I can recall finally getting Mom convinced to ride one but only after Jason and Danny agreed to be on each side of her. And only then did she head in a straight line-one loooooooooong line. Eventually making her way back in the same straight path. (hehehe mom)

All this fun began because Jason bought this "Cadillac" of a waverunner. It was our old reliable one, the only one Mom would get on. Then we decided that "1" just wasn't enough for all of us to share. Then eventually we all pooled some money together and bought 2 more. So eventually we were up to 4 wave runners. Plus we had Aaron's boat to play with. We really did have some fun at Willard Bay. Then when it lost all it's water we had to search else where for our fun. We made our next choice Echo Reservoir and that was an awesome lake too. And on occasion we'd go to Bear Lake. That by far is the best, more beautiful lake but unfortunately too far to boat frequently.

We loved those 2 years of being beach bums. It really was a blast. One day we'd like to be able to let Colton and Audrey experience the same thing. We'd love to one wave runners again and make a trip to Lake Powell with them. Oh, Lake Powell is an awesome place too but that for another Monday Memory. 

Now one to our pictures  of Monday Memories.

Look at my guys at Bear Lake. Nate and Josh are just so little and super blonde from all the sun.

Nathan loved playing in the sand. I loved that this tent kept Nate out of the sun while playing. We definitely got our use out of it.

Me and my Nate on our wave runner. And yes, I did take Nate out on it. I'd even let him steer on occasion. He's always seemed older to me. And look at that beautiful blue lake behind us.

Who wouldn't be happy playing in the sand with a sucker in his hand. Josh did go through many suckers that day because they'd get sandy.

Mommy and Josh. We were just posing here, I didn't take him out on it. I think he'd just come off of a boat ride.

Look at those 2 little boys all dirty and happy as can be. Still can't get over their blonde hair

OK, I included this one of Jason and Tilisa because this was one of the first times Tilisa came with us. They had just barely begun dating. And lets just say Jason was so twitter-patted. We had 4 wave runners and had always relied on him to help us load them all in but that all changed when they started dating. He wouldn't leave her side-he had abandoned us, left us hanging in the air to figure it out on our own. Thanks Jas:) But we're glad Tilisa's in the family.

Danny was cleaning of all the wave runners. It wouldn't have been possible to be out on the water without him. His handy mechanical expertise really saved our butts on a number of occasions. Wave runners are a fickle little machine. You have to handle them with care or else they stop working. And Danny spent countless hours on the shoreline figuring out what was wrong. Thanks babe for being so handy that we could have so much fun on them. 

And finally, the boys also loved being on the boat. Nate was our flag man in this photo.  It was almost guaranteed that one of them would fall asleep on the ride. We loved riding in Uncle Aaron's boat.

3 comments:

Tilisa said...

Ha Ha thanks for the picture! Not! Just kidding! I think the best part of that picture was when Nate yelled "Are you two kissing on my fish?"!!! Ha still makes us laugh!

Anonymous said...

I totally forgot about that. I guess that goes to show that he's always been mouthy! And that's why it's so fun to look back.

Ben and Ashlee said...

Looks like you guys used to have so much fun! I love going to the lake!!! I will have to try going on a wave runner sometime! :)

Blog Archive