Sunday, May 8, 2011

Best Mom

In honor of my 200th post, I decided to make it a special one. And since it so happens that it's Mother's Day, I am going to dedicate this to my Mom. I'm very grateful to have the mom that I do. I've learned a lot from her. Growing up I knew that she'd always be there for me, even when there were times that I didn't want it. Thankfully though, it never deterred her and she always loved me for me. I've learned from her to love my children through thick and thin and always let them know I'm there for them. She was always faithful and dedicated to any calling she recieved and had a strong testimony of the gospel. She led the way and I've tried to follow in her footsteps. She's a hard worker. She kept a clean house and keeps things clean no matter how busy she is. My house always manages to stay clean whenever she visits- that's an extra bonus when she comes to visit! This is something that I lack but look up to and hope to master one day. She's a good cook and I refer back to her recipes over and over again. She's patient, she puts up with me calling her day after day at work just to chat. I could go on and on about what I've learned fron my mom and it would take up pages. I just want her to know how glad I am to have her as a mom and let her know that I love her very much. I'm a lucky girl to have you!
        Happy Mother's Day to
            the best Mom!

I was fortunate to have my mom with me for all my births with the exception of Josh. She got there when Josh was 5 days old but all the other kids she was right there to see and hold them.
Nate

Josh

Colton

Audrey


This is up at Browne Lake the summer of 2004. Danny was in Iraq and Nate and I was living with them.



This is June 2009 when all the family came to visit us in Missouri. This is at Adam-Ondi-Ahmen
She's true to the name of Grandma because she does love to spoil her grandkids. These are some happy boys after a fun-filled day of  Chuck-E-Cheese


Grandma loves to spend time with us in the hot tub. I'd like to say it's relaxing but with 3 energetic boys in with you it's nothing close to being calm and relaxing. But she puts up with all the splashing cause they love the hot tub. Once boys are out, we've been able to have many good talks, just something about hot tubs that get ya talking.

I promise we didn't talk about wearing white bottoms, it really was a coincidence. I wouldn't be the mom I am to Audrey without my mom and she wouldn't be the mom she was to me if it weren't for her mom; my Grandma.


Lastly, this is a good one of my parents at Kyle and Erica's wedding. This was chosen because of their faithful examples as parents. Although this wasn't their last wedding (Kellen and Holli would soon follow) it does show that they were able to lead all their children into marrying in the temple.
I can only hope to live up the the legacy that she's creating as a mother and grandmother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome posts Jen! I love how Tate is in the background of the last picture :) Your blog is so cute and you are so good at writing interesting posts! Keep them coming.

Blog Archive