Friday, October 15, 2010

Bedtime

So it's come to my attention that I haven't blog for a while and they're tired of seeing the damaged tree. And quite frankly I am sick of seeing it too. I've wanted to blog and update but it takes a little effort and we've been pretty busy so I've been to worn out to do it. I should be getting a few more minutes now that we are getting into cooler weather. We've finished up football with Josh, soccer with Nate, had our primary program last Sunday, and plenty of hair appointments to keep me busy. Of course Nate has school and Josh has his preschool and now Danny has just returned to school so we have plenty to keep us busy. And Audrey and Colton keep my days and nights occupied.

So, let me just start by saying that I love my kids. But I also really love bedtime! I really, really enjoy that quiet, peaceful sound when they are fast asleep. They just have so much energy during the day that by the end of the day I'm ready for some relaxing moments. A little bit of my own time to watch some grown-up shows and not Qubo. So when it's their bedtime a give a sigh of relief. I will also admit that I stay up too late because I'm enjoying my "me" time a little too much- that and Audrey is also a night owl that doesn't go to bed until I do with her in my arms. And although I enjoy this bedtime quiet and them slumbering away, I also equally love watching my children sleep. I love seeing the peace on their faces when they are deep in sleep. I love seeing all their little features that I'm seldom able to examine when they're awake and moving. There is just something so enjoyable to me to see them sleep. No matter what has happened during the day, what wrongs they have done or I have done, it's at night when they're laying their still, I know that none of it matters at all. They are mine. My sleeping angels!!!!!


Nate


Josh


Colton


Audrey

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

LOVE the pictures!(I might just have to steal that idea!) And I TOTALLY feel the same way, I too love bedtime-and my kids of course!

Sheridy said...

I also love to see my kids sleep. When they're sleeping you can not be mad at them.

Blog Archive