Monday, December 21, 2009

Gingerbread house

One new traditon I wanted to start doing with the boys is a gingerbread house. I wasn't even going to attempt making the gingerbread from scratch I just bought the kit and it was worth every dollar. The boys had a lot of fun doing the house. They really did do most of the decorating except for the icing. I did that. But even Colton got into the fun putting things on the house, in between him eating some of the gum drops. I think this is something new we are going to do every Christmas now. These pictures show our work from start to finish.


This is a before shot, and as you can see I had to hot glue a lot of pieces together because Colton dropped our kit off the counter and broke a lot of pieces.


Colton helping out.


You can see they were all in on the fun and decorating.


More help from Colton.


Nate, Josh and Colton adding their touches.


Josh decorates the roof.


Again all of them working together. I love Colton's look of interest and awe.


The finished house. Colton really did not want to be in the picture this time. He was finished! It was really fun putting it together. And the boys enjoy looking at it each day!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

They did a great job! I'm impressed.

Gingerbread houses are one of our favorite traditions. It is a pain to make the gingerbread from scratch, but Mike likes to try out of the ordinary designs and occasionally a train. It's a lot of work, but fun. However, this year I'm having the kids do little graham cracker houses. lol.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

I almost went with doing graham craker houses, but I found a complete kit with candy and everything so we're going to try that tomorrow when daddy is home. Mostly I think we'll just end up making a mess and eating it. I hope I can have as much restraint as you and just let the kids have at it. Cant wait to get started looks like fun!

haha my word verification is unders. lol!

Blog Archive