Monday, October 12, 2009

Gardner Pumpkin Patch

We headed out Monday morning for Gardner Kansas for a day at the pumpkin patch. They had a special for military families and they offered a lot of activities for the price compared to many other places around. It was a lot of fun! It was a little misty and cool but it got warmer the longer we were there. There were lots of slides and tractor rides and bike rides and a haunted barn and much much more. We definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for somewhere to go. And of course the bonus is that you are supporting a local farming family. I know we'll be back next year and as long as the boys think it's cool! And it wouldn't have been complete with out some pumpkins. So, we let them pick out their own pumpkins before we left. Nate got a big one, Colton had no opinion so he got a medium one but we didn't end up getting a picture of theirs. And Josh chose little ones and we did get a picture of his. So here are the pictures we took of the boys, I know it's a lot but I did it anyways.

Picking some gourds. They each got to pick out a gourd. Funny thing is, Josh got himself one and then he picked out a small, decorative orange pumpkin. I told him we didn't need that one and that he already chose his. Well, he told me that he picked it for the "baby gull" (girl) as we pronounced it. I told him the baby didn't need it and on top of that, we don't know if it's a girl and he just continued to insist it was for the "baby gull." So, needless to say we came home with the pumpkin, who can argue with him when he gives you his dimple smile!


Colton is helping Josh carry his pumpkins. Josh didn't want a big one so we let him get 2 of these little things.


Nate and Josh got to ride a train pulled by a tractor.


Colton is chilling in the "corn box" We thought it would be nice to fill our pool with corn instead of sand-it would be so much easier to clean up.


Look at the chunk on the saddle swing.


Pretending to drive the tractor


Colton would climb on the play vehicles then quickly climb right off.


Josh pops his head up out of a wooden train. If it looks like he's stuck, well, he actually was stuck.


All my little pirates-I mean boys.


Don't mind me, I look horrible, just look at Colton sliding down.


This is just one of the many slides they had. They only bad thing was the slight mist made the slides a lot hard for them to slide down. Would have been much funner for them on a dry day.


What farm would be complete without some animals and I don't mean those 3 boys.


Colton is checking out some bunnies. He is actually pulling his feet up because he didn't like being that close.


Nate rides around the track.


Josh just barely reaches those pedals.


This was a duck race. I really thought this was cool.


These are 2 of my little pumpkins.

1 comment:

The Reynolds said...

That looks like a great place. The boys look like they had a great time and you look fine in that picture. I can't wait until Gideon is just a bit bigger. I'm glad they had fun.

Blog Archive