Friday, November 14, 2008

Camp Nate

We had a small party for Nate and let him invite a few friends over. It was kind of an early party since his real birthday isn't until the 20th. It was a camping theme. We began by playing musical chairs and they loved it. Then I had them "go fish", the fish had little things on them such as pretend you are an animal, find this color in the room, etc. Then the last catch was of them getting a bag of gummy worms, swedish fish, a party horn and a flashlight. They boys loved it! I totally forgot to get the camera out so sorry I don't have any pictures of those activities. But here are some pictures of the rest of the night.


Here is the cake I made. I'm very much a novice but it tasted good. It was a nature/ bug cake. Nate loved it and thought it was cool!


Nate is blowing out his candles.

He missed one candle so he was going back to blow it out again.


This is Hyland Squire, Keaton Rasmussen, Nate, Josh and Zachary Heathman getting ready for their cake and ice cream. They are all boys from church that are his age.


The boys are sitting around the "camp fire" (doesn't it look SO real, this is the best that I could come up with). They are getting ready to open presents.


Nate is opening his first present, a monster truck.


Nate is opening up a "super-hero" memory game.


And here is Nate opening up a geo trax train.

All the boys went downstairs to play in the tents. They took their flashlights and a pillow downstairs, turned the lights off and started telling ghost stories. It was funny listening the little guys tell their versions of "scary stories".


Another shot of Nate and Josh, the cutest little campers there ever were.


And at the end of the night, our little campers are just tuckered out after a long night of many camping adventures. They had so much fun that it wiped them out. They wanted to camp downstairs in the tent, so we let them. Honestly, I didn't think they would stay down there and fall asleep. I thought I'd have to get after them for talking, laughing and playing but there really wasn't any of that. It was silent after maybe 10 minutes at the most. So, in the end, Nate had a great time and that alone made all the work all worth it. But the party went well and now that it's over and I am ready to tackle the next project.

No comments:

Blog Archive